Saturday, February 25, 2006

Why?

Well many of my friends have been asking me that question? Why? There is much speculation as to why I have chosen to go back in to the Army. I have not heard all the speculation yet, but I can guess it. "Perhaps he's having a midlife crisis." Now most men my age who go through a "mid-life" crisis start dating younger people (much younger) and buy new expensive toys like corvettes or boats or something. This is not me. It is true that I have been experiencing alot of different emotions lately. Since my mother died in March of last year, I have been thinking alot about what I want to do with the rest of my life. Her death has brought back memories about my father (who died in 1991). In many ways, I think there are still many unresolved issues with his death. I also have two brothers who have died (my brother Walter who died in January of last year) and my brother Bob (who died in 2003) and I feel the same about their deaths. A good friend told me yesterday that he thought I was seeking "glory". Hmmmmm. I denied it, and yet I did tell him that I was proud of my brother Ron (who volunteered to go to Vietnam) and my Dad (who volunteered in WWII and Korea). So maybe he's closer to the real reason then I care to admit. See you tommorow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home