Sunday, December 18, 2011

Off to the Desert Again?

Since the day I left Iraq over 4 years ago, I knew there was a real chance that I could be deployed again.  One of the last things I remember about leaving Iraq was my stop over in Kuwait to take the "freedom bird" back home.  I recently found out that I was scheduled to deploy again -- this time to Kuwait.  It looks like I will be activated in late January 2012 and deployed a few months later.  I have mixed emotions deploying this time around, (missing T, the dogs, my co-workers, etc.) but I have been called again and there isn't anything else I can do.  In preparation for that deployment, this last week I attended a conference at the Pentagon with other attorneys and paralegals I will be deploying with.  Very interesting things.  I am trying to get into the holiday spirit but the deployment is weighing heavily on my mind right now.  But I am slowing but surely doing what I need to do to get ready.  I will be writing much more in the coming weeks.  Hopefully someone out there will actually be reading this besides me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home