Saturday, December 02, 2006

100 days in the "Combat Zone"

Well, its Saturday afternoon and we had kind of a easy day so far. We spent most of the day decorating for the Holidays. I put up my little tree sent to me by Warren and Karin. I got a really neat package from them that had all kinds of goodies including snacks and holiday decorations and a very nice card. Thanks guys! I really appreciate them (including the pictures of me with the boys and Elvis.) Getting emails and packages are the highlight of my days over here. Time is slowly but steadily going buy. Today is the 101st day that I have spent in the combat zone of Kuwait and Iraq. It is hard to believe but I am almost a third of the way through. I also have been counting down the days until I come home for R and R leave. As of today....74 days. We are trying to hard to get into the Christmas spirit over here...but it is very hard. This will be one of the toughest holidays for most of us because of being so far from home and away from those we love. But we do have each other...and thats a comfort. On Tuesday I flew to Baghdad again and spent the day. That was a fun trip. I took my Major and my right-hand man, Blucher. It was their first time down there so I was kind of the tour guide. We flew out very early and were picked up at the Heliport by our counter-parts at MNC-I. (Multinational Corp - Iraq). Thats our higher headquarters. We had breakfast then went to some meetings for a few hours and then walked around Camp Victory for awhile. Why they call this Camp Victory I don't know. Hmmmm...I thought the war was still un-decided at this time. Maybe they ought to call it Camp Stalemate. Anyway, we got a chance to meet some other paralegals and see soldiers from all over the world while we were there. After a long day, we took our return flight back to Anaconda and landed about 945 pm. It was nice to get away from the office for a day. Nice mental break. The rest of the week I have spent doing basic legal work including preparing for a few court martials. Tommorow, Sunday, I am taking the day off. We don't get many of these so I am looking forward to it. The last 100 days have been very interesting. I don't believe I have ever packed so much into such a short time. The time is going pretty fast. I am glad for that. Here is hoping the next hundred days goes as quickly!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro, stay low and come home when you can.Your friends at 4ntv. Post some xmas pics!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn,

Can't believe it's 100 days already. Wow...hope the next
100 go just as quick.
How about them Cowboys!

Whiteman

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn (Eddie)

It's your sister-in-law and niece having fun at the Pearl party. At least I am. Christy is hanging over a trash basket. Wish you were here. Oh yeah, speaking of trash baskets, congratulations are in order. You are about to be a great uncle again. Yeah that's right. Christy and Dumb Ass are to become parents again sometime in August. Christy is hoping for Nana's birthday but who knows it could be your's and Jeanne's birthday.
Hope to be able to send out Christmas cards in time for you to get them before Christmas. If not you know we will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and we love you.

Sherry and Christy

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home