Monday, October 09, 2006

The Army 10 Miler

Yesterday was a big day for me. For the first time in my life, I ran 10 miles without stopping. My time was a scorching (I kid) 1 hour and 52 minutes. Needless to say...I am sore today. My legs feel really heavy. But I am proud that I got through this. Though I did manage to embarrasing myself by passing out 10 minutes after the race was over. The thing I remember is feeling really dizzy and then falling to the ground. "Medics!!" "Medics" is the next thing I heard. Very surreal. Next thing I remember is being taken over to the shade and laying down and someone placing an oxygen mask over my face. Then some guy looked at me and said..."What do you think caused this?"...Of which I replied....Duhhhh...maybe it was the 10 miles i just ran YOU STUPID ASSHOLE....haha...anyway it was a little drama for awhile, but eventually I was ok and was able to walk back to the bus. My Command Sergeant Major came by my office later that day and told me to go to the clinic to get checked out. So I went---and they asked me a bunch of questions...any history of heart disease...diabeties...high clolesterol..high blood press...cancer....yadda yadda yadda...and of course I said yes on all counts. Then they put me on the heart monitor thingie and it showed that I did have a heart after all and that it was beating....blood pressure and pulse were fine. So the doctor came in and asked me what the hell was I trying to do. "Normal people...(and I am normal) do not run 10 miles." Well not before properly training for it anyway. You see...I had never run more then 7 miles before. And recently I had only ran about 5...inside on the treadmill. But me being all gung ho I decided I was going to go for it. And I did. And I am glad I did...pain or no pain. And next time I will eat something before I go out and train better before the race. I want to beat my time next time. I have discovered that I can do alot more then I ever thought possible. I am glad that I have this chance to live out new experiences and challenges. New pictures soon. Love you alls.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you come home, I'll give you some new experiences too....like cleaning....hehehe...
By the way, the bedroom smells like Elvis when the heat is on...
:)
Love you!
-T

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its time 2 stop running and Fight! Was up brother. My ambulance caught fire so I bought 126 electronic voting machines to feel better. Ron is moved and you lucked out again. Drink lots of water and watch 4ntv.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home