Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Holidays

This has been a peaceful and somewhat uneventful Christmas season.  I have tried very hard to get into the spirit of the season, but there is this pending deployment that is still hanging over my head.  If you believe what the rumors say, I will be activated on or about 28 January 2011 and then its off to Camp Shelby for a few weeks or months.  But before that I must spend time figuring out with my civilian boss how we are gonna fill my position at work for a year.  But I digress.  Christmas 2011 was pleasant.  Last Friday, after a long day of gift shopping,  I convinced T into going to the Palace to see Its a Wonderful Life on the big screen.  Lots of people were there.  It was a fun time, but T was not as pleased.  Ha ha.  Saturday we went to two parties and T got drunk but had a good time.  We went to T's parents on Christmas for a nice dinner.  Peaceful time.  So here I am looking at an uncertain New Year.  Six years ago, I was trying desperately to lose weight in order to get back into the military.  A year later I was in Iraq for Christmas.  Christmas 2007 I was trying hard to re-connect with civilian life after 15 months on active duty and getting ready to start my job with the Coalition.  Christmas 2008 I was just coming back from a brief deployment at West Point.  2009 and 2010 were pretty much the same, just a quiet time at home.  These past 6 years have flown by.  Now I am entering another new year with a lot of uncertainty.  I am a little nervous but also looking forward to the challenge again.  Just like 2005, I struggling to lose weight.  It is always one of my New Year's resolutions -- to lose weight.  And I guess it will be my number one resolution again for 2012!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home