Saturday, December 31, 2022

That time of year again.

 And just like that, here we are.  Saying goodbye to old 2022 and welcoming in 2023.  I have posted annually on this night for number of years.  In some years it was the only post that year.  My first year in which I posted, was in 2006.  December 2006, I was in Iraq.  In that post I mentioned how the previous New Year's (2005) was spent with my good friend Christa and my buddy Goutham.  Tonight, 16 years later, I will spend the night at Christa's home to celebrate.  In subsequent years, I'd do my best to post my thoughts of the year that past and my hopes for the upcoming year.  I missed a few years, for whatever reasons, but I decided that if I was going to post just one post a year than that post should be on the last day of the year.  Since 2010, I have kept this tradition alive.  And so here we are.  Another year in the books and another year---with high hopes----is on the way.  What can I say about 2022?  Well its been a tough year.  And its been a good year.  And there have been highs and there have been lows.  Same as every year I guess. This year started out quite hopeful and then it seems like everyone's mood darkened.  COVID was still hitting hard and even I got it.  The cost of everything went up and sales in my business went down.  Thankfully, it looks like the cost of things are stabilizing and my business did much better in the half of the year than in the first.  I am hopeful for a better 2023 for myself, my family, and all my friends.  I have taken up writing and reading more consistently and am working hard on re-igniting my somewhat dormant spirituality.  Beginning last January 1st, I started reading and listening to a podcast called "Bible in a Year."  I made it through the whole bible (some really interesting stuff for sure) and I learned a lot.  On Christmas Eve I attended a Candle Light service at a church around the corner from my house.  It really made me think.  In the new year, I will continue this path.  Not sure exactly where it will lead, but I am committed to making a transformation that will be good not just for me but for those around me as well.  

Over the years, I have been pretty effective at re-inventing myself.  Sixteen years ago, I became a soldier again and went to war.  But now, I just want to be a warrior for peace.  I want to share my love and to help my neighbor.  I want to be the light in the darkness for those who so badly need it.  I pray, that the Almighty, will grant me the grace and the opportunity to do this.  

Thank you for reading, even if you are the only one.  God Bless you and best wishes to you in the coming year.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home