Sunday, December 31, 2006

Drink a Cup of Kindness Yet


Well this is it for 2006. My final post. This has been an interesting year. So many changes. Lots of new things. Many challenges. But I am real happy right now. One year ago...I was a civilian. Now I am a combat veteran. (ha-ha...well at least a combat "zone" veteran.) December 31st, 2005 I went to G-man's Apartment for a party that was wild and crazy and I can't tell you how much fun. One of the things that we all did was wrote out a "New Year's Wish" that we tied to helium-filled balloons. Right at midnight...we released them all at once and they floated out to space. I watched my balloon...with my wish as it disappeared in to the blackness of the darkened night. My wish? Well my wish was that I would once again have a career in the military. For the previous several weeks I had starved myself in order to lose the weight that I needed to in order to qualify for the military. From mid-November until mid-January I lost 33 pounds. It was the worst time to lose weight with the holidays and the parties and such...by I managed to do it. I remember thinking about volunteering to do something bold...like volunteering to go to Iraq. It was a far-fetched idea...but I knew that if I got a chance to do it I would. And here I am. In Iraq...a day after Saddam was hung for his crimes. Wow. Sometimes you get your wish. I don't know where everyone is spending their New Year...but I hope you all have a wonderful time. Dont drink and drive kids. Baby...I will be kissing you in spirit at mid-night...you do the same. I promise to do my best to spend New Years with you next year. To all my friends back home....my Albany family...thank you for supporting me in this mission I am on. Your unconditional support for me makes me so happy and proud to have you in my life. I don't know what I would do without you all. To my family down in Kentucky and Tennessee....I truly love you all. I miss each and everyone of you. Thank you for loving me as I am. That means everything to me. My wish for 2007? World Peace. Of course. Ha-ha. HAPPY NEW YEAR! See you all next year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Years brother. Be careful and dont let your guard down. Bill

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chappsie,

You would love Albany this winter brother. Global Warming keeps the temp no lower than early thirties.
Snazztastic. In fact, you might want to buy more property up here.
Upstate could be the future San Diego. Anyway,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
see you soon...

Winslow

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

read your blog about peace. Makes a whole lotta sense to me, but I am only a big yella daug. Mama and Papa T went to visit their friends in the Ottawa area to help promote world peace. I think that they went off to drink with the profesionals.Their son Dave cut a Mohawk while they were gone. What a dull fam, they did not convulse when they came back. Anyway Dad, love you, and Happy New Year!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home