Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Drill Weekend & Theater

This past weekend was very busy. Friday was our opening night for Auntie Mame. It was a tough show to produce and to direct, but we had decent crowds and the actors did well. I am very proud of what they accomplished. On Saturday, I had my 2nd weekend drill. At the first formation, the First Sergeant mentioned that they were looking to fill an ADSW position (active duty special work) involving career counseling and reenlistment. My last job in the Reserves before my break in service was a 79D, which is a reenlistment/career counseling. I really enjoyed that work and was hoping to get back in to that field. I approached him and told him about my experience and that I was MOS qualified. At this point, I still did not have any uniforms so he wasnt sure what to think. Later that day, he told me that he thought this might work out, so he asked me to come to the Armory this week to do some paperwork and to meet with the Division CSM. (thats the top nco in the division). On Monday, I drove to Fort Drum to buy new uniforms. Cost me almost $300 dollars and it was a 6-hour round trip, but at least I will look like a soldier when I meet the Sergeant Major. Yesterday I got some bad news from the actress who is playing Mame. She was in an car accident and has broken her arm in 3 places. We are working with an understudy now because our Mame is having surgery later this week and wont be available for the weekend. So what was suppose to be an easy week has turned into a nightmare as we struggle to bring the understudy up to speed by Friday. Bummer, but hey, could be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home