Saturday, December 29, 2007

Decisions Decisions Decisions

I am sitting here on my couch, thinking about what the next few weeks and months will hold for me. Last year at this time...I knew what the coming days would hold. I knew what I was doing, when I was doing it and what was expected of me. This year, its all a little cloudy what my future holds. Earlier this month, I went back to my first drill and it felt good to put the uniform on again. Now as I ponder what I am going to do, I think of the possibilities. Recruiting for the Guard? I have been offered a position. Deployment to Georgia? (I have been asked to volunteer for a paralegal position working with the wounded warrior program for returning Iraqi/Afganistan vets). Working with homeless veterans? ( I have interviewed and will get a second interview for a director of veteran affairs position) Real estate appraiser/sales agent? (I have a license in both of these fields and have been dabbling a bit in both of these fields recently.) I am not sure what will happen. All these options...and I am clueless right now as to what I am going to end up doing. Ha ha. How is this for decisiveness? Two years ago around new years, I wished for a new military career...well I got that. Last year...I wished for world peace (well that hasn't happened...but I still dream. This year...I am not sure what to wish for...maybe world peace again and continuing my military career. I guess I will have to see. Here is wishing you all a happy new year...from my family (T, elvis and eddie) to yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home