Thursday, August 09, 2007

School Daze

Saturday the 4th I reported to BNCOC at Camp Mabry, Texas. Camp Mabry is in the middle of the best city in Texas....Austin. The week has been real busy with lots of classes and evaluations and early morning PT. Ugggg. This Course is not the vacation I thought it would be when I first found out I was going way back in May. I am glad to be here still the same. Although, the instructors and school cadre do treat us like stinkin' Privates. We have to march everywhere we go and do silly things like stand at parade rest when we are in the chow line. Today, was real busy for me. I started the morning running the PT program. Then I was appointed the platoon sergeant for the afternoon and conducted a class later in the day. It makes for long hours, but it has been quite fun actually. We are learning about military leadership, drill and ceremony, communications and motivation, and lots of other stuff. Sitting in the classroom all day is tough, but we are managing pretty well. The barracks are fun. I am in a room with 13 other guys. I shower in the morning with about a hundred. So I guess you can say that I am getting real close with a lot of the guys here...ha ha. We are half way through with the class and I like all the guys and gals in my platoon. Tomorrow I have a military briefing so I better make this quick and get to work. Peace my peeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home