Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Getting Close

Well my friends....I am can almost taste freedom. This time next week, I will be on my way home. Well at least home...as in the good old USA. My real home...Albany....where T and Elvis and little Eddie wait for me...is still about a month off. But time...is on my side now. I am almost there. I have cleared post and now its just a matter of wrapping the last minute things up...like packing and mailing stuff home...and saying goodbye to all my buds here. The last couple of weeks have been busy...I had guard duty a few times, went to redeployment briefings, went to a couple of goodbye parties and started the long process of outprocessing. It will take some time for me to adjust, but I am ready to come home. There is just so much I am excited about doing when I get back. I have had trouble sleeping because of how much I have on my mind, combined with the excitement of leaving Iraq. The rest of this week will be a killer. Early mornings and long days ahead. But by the end of the week, the hardest part will be over. I miss you America. For all your flaws, I still love you. And it will be a very happy day the day I touched down...even if it is in Texas. Ha ha. I will keep you all posted and I begin my journey home. Stay strong baby! Daddy is almost home!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to hear from you! Your folks in the South can't wait to see you again. Keep your head down and your body armor on. Call us when ever your can.

Love
Sherry

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'm hanging in, it's almost over. Hopefully between now and then I'll have gotten all of the laundry done...the washer's broken, so I guess it's off to the laundromat for me...not looking forward to that...i hate the laundromat. Anyways, at least i have my iphone to keep me amused there.
Anyways, I love you, and I can't wait to see you in a little over a month, and hopefully there will be no more tearful, heart-wrenching goodbyes to be had. I know it's gonna take a little adjustment at first, but i'm thrilled that you'll be home and I won't have to worry about you getting blown up over there in that hell hole. I know you don't have a whole lot of internet access for a while, so I look forward to blowing through lots of mobile to mobile minutes when you get back to the states.
I love you!!!! Can you believe it's almost over? I can't.

love, T

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE'RE WAITING FOR YOU GLENN! JIMMY

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home