Sunday, July 22, 2007

American Soil - I have returned!

Last night, at about 0130 I left the combat zone for the last time. Well until the next time that is. Ha ha. According to the pilot of the plane I was on, we crossed the Canadian Border into Vermont about 0830. We touched down about 0945, at Ft Dix, NJ and that is where I am currently. Tomorrow I will head back to Texas for a little more then 3 weeks of training and outprocessing before I head back to Albany. I am real tired right now (my body tells me its not 1815 but 0215 tomorrow.) Thats the jet lag. It will take me a few days to adjust to that I guess. But it does feel great to be back. Already today...I went bowling, played putt putt, rode a go-cart and had a couple of "cool ones". Thats like a week of Sundays already! I have missed so much being gone. I spoke to my brother Bill, Eric and Wanda, and T, and left phone calls for my sis-in-law Sherry. Tomorrow I will make some more calls. But, I can now say, I went to war and came back with all the parts that god gave me. That is a very good thing. Now I am looking forward to working the home front for awhile. Now I need to go collapse. Good night my peeps. Daddy is back in the country!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home