Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I miss Iraq!.....Ha ha....Yeah Right

You know I don't really miss Iraq. Nothing about it really. Not the endless noice of aircraft landing and taking off....the constant hum of generators...the awful smell of stewing porta-potties...the sand and dust on everything....D-FAC food in general...nope I don't miss any of it. Naaaa...I don't miss the 120 degree days and the long long hours. I don't miss anything about Iraq. And being home...reminds me of how much I missed when I was there and how much I don't miss about it now. You know the saying....it's always greener on the other side? Well bullshit....it is greener on this side and it always will be. Ha ha. I do miss my soldiers who have stayed behind. They will be here next weekend. I am looking forward to seeing them again. I mean no disrespect to the people of Iraq. I saw alot of beautiful things when I was there. Before it was war-torn...It was a beautiful place I bet. And it is home to them. I am sure if they visited here...they would get homesick too. But for me? I am glad to be back here. And if duty calls again..I would go back to Iraq again...without hesitation. This is not a comfort to those who love me. But it is the truth. But...for the time being.......I don't miss Iraq one bit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but does iraq miss you???

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home