Monday, July 16, 2012

Yes I am Alive

I know it has been just over a month since last I wrote.  I am sorry I have been so lax in updating everyone on how I have been doing.  The last month, since last I wrote I have been back home for TDY and then had a few days back home in Albany.  It was a strange feeling to be home -- not seeing Elvis run up to me -- and I barely saw T who had other plans while I was there.  Our relationship has changed -- this deployment has had a heavy burden on us both.  I did see Eddie and Willow, my two other dogs and once they figured out who I was, they quickly adjusted to me being home.  While I was home, I took care of some business--had lunch with my boss, visited with my friends Lou and Tony and went to fireworks with my good friends Justin and Rebecca.  On Monday Night I had dinner and than visited with veterans from the Veterans House which really was positive and affirming.  It reminded me of how important it was for me to get  back home as soon as I can.  At the moment it looks like I could be back for good between October and December.  There is no definite at the moment though.  I hope it is October but If I get back in December before Christmas that would be fine too.  Overall my spirits are pretty good.  Leaving here for 12 days did me well.  I was worried I was going to gain weight but lost 2 pounds while I was away.  So far I have lost 24 pounds since I arrived in Kuwait.  I want to lose even more than that before I leave of course.  I fully intend on being an E-7 before I leave this place.  The next few weeks may see me traveling to exotic places--maybe even Afghanistan.  How ironic.  That was my goal over a year ago....maybe I just might make it there for a week or so.  In the meantime, I am not enjoying the 120 degree heat but I am keeping busy.  So the time goes by and everyday that passes is one day off the calendar.  I promise to write more often kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home