Saturday, June 02, 2012

June is Busting out All Over

Well here we are on the 2nd of June and another 30 days have ticked off the clock.  Not that I'm counting or anything (yeah right), but it is getting warmer and summer has begun.  Well technically it will not be here until the 21st or something, but it sure feels like summer, especially in Kuwait.  The last few days we have been reaching 110 to 115 degrees.  Hot.  Today we are experiencing a nice old sand storm and the sand has gotten into every crack and crevice I own.  I know that a year from now I will still be digging sand out of my ears, nose, and other places on my body which I care not to discuss.  It kinda sucks actually.  Sandstorms are not fun.  When you go outside it has a bit of a feel of a snow storm, except the snow melts.  Sand just kinda finds a place to hide.  Ahhhh, but it is June.  I like June.  30 years ago, (god) I graduated from Watertown High School.  At home, many of my former class mates are preparing for the reunion.  I really wish I could make this one, but Uncle Sam has other plans.  But maybe I'll make the next one.  This month should bring some interesting activities.  Tomorrow I am suppose to go on a MWR trip off post to see the Kuwait War Museum and a then a nice dinner somewhere.  It is nice to get out and about.  Later this month, I am being sent back TDY for a school in Charlottesville VA for a week or so.  Woo Hoo.  America here I come! Sadly, I will be coming right back to Kuwait, but it will be a nice week away from here nonetheless.  So the month of June should go by quickly for me.  Everyday is another day closer to getting back to my pre-deployment life.  At home, I know there have already been some warm days.  The Spring came early, and apparently the Summer too.  Drink water people.  It's only getting hotter. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home