Monday, April 09, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane....2012 Edition

Well as I said in this blog just yesterday, the time is near when I will be leaving America for a second overseas deployment.  When you read this, I am well be on my way overseas.  This sounds very strange, but I really never thought I was going anywhere.  I have let very few people know that I was going and just today I told my sister and brother what was going on.  They were surprised ...in fact my sister asked why they were sending an old guy like me over there.  Of course she is a few hours older than me...but she thinjs I am an old man and she hasn't aged a bit.  My brother John knew I was going, and he is probably the most loyal reader of this blog.  At anyrate, I guess I am ready to do this.  I am all packed and ready for the call.  Actual times are secret, but I will let you know when I land in Kuwait.  I hear it is warm there now...90s at least.  But it is a dry heat as they say.  I expect it to get hotter as the spring turns to summer.  At some point, we will be heading to Bahrain...though we don't know for sure when.  My goals were lofty back in 06....supporting my soldiers and making peace with the Iraqi people...but this time around it's just do my duty and come back safe and I hope...a lot thinner.  Pray for our safe journey and I look forward to seeing you all again soon.  Peace out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to here you had to go, but you know what you're doing, so take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves...Let's keep in touch like we did last time..oh yeah, how did you like the games last weekend? Be Careful, Love Ya, Bro John

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home