Sunday, April 01, 2012

Albany on Leave

The month of March is over, and I have now been on active duty for two months. No more than 10 months to go, although it may well be over sooner. The last week I have spent at my own home in Albany with T and the dogs. It was nice to see them, and the my fear that the dogs would forget who I was unfounded. Ha ha. They went ape shit when they saw me come through the door. I left Camp Shelby at 0400 on Monday and made it to Albany by 1430 (2:30pm) and T and I went to get him a new Iphone. The it was home for a nice nap and dinner in. On Tuesday I visited my office for the first time since I left and got a chance to touch basis with my co-workers. I participated in the staff meeting (which felt odd) and then we had pizza. Later that night, we had dinner with T's mom and dad and sister at the Brew Pub. The rest of the week was pretty laid back, waking up late and doing odd jobs around the house. We ate out quite a bit, and it was felt good just doing hanging out with little to do. Unlike when I came home on leave back in 2006, I did over pack my schedule. It was low key, I got to spend time with those I love and to rest. This next week will (I hope) be my final pre-deployment week at Shelby. I will be glad to see it go. Nothing against Mississippi mind you, just Camp Shelby. This time next week -- who knows -- maybe Kuwait or maybe just another week in limbo. I hope to board that big bird and head east...way east...as in middle east. I will keep you all posted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know, I'm still reading...bro john

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home