Saturday, March 24, 2012

Back from ole Virginnie

I am back at Camp Shelby from my TDY trip to the commonwealth of Virginia.  I was suppose to write from there but I was just too busy going to class and eating at really nice restarants and enjoying a little freedom...sorry about that.  But the week flew by...I left on Sunday at the god awful hour of 0300 (meaning I was up at 0200).  My self and SFC Bailey took the post shuttle down to Gulf Port where we caught flights up north.  It was really nice to leave Camp Shelby for the week.  We arrived in Richmond and then drove down to Charlotteville, VA to the JAG school where the course "Law for Paralegals" was held.  Very interesting stuff.  Class ran from 8 to 430 each day, so it was a pretty easy week.  Instead of mystery meat at the mess hall it was Pizza and Chipotle for lunch and Indian and Greek food for dinner.  Very nice indeed.  We left Charlotteville this morning and got back here just in time for salsbury steak at the DFAC.  Not the same.  I miss Charlottesville already.  Tomorrow will be an easy day and then really early on Monday...its home on leave!!!....I miss T and the dogs terribly.  I look forward to 7 days of rest and relaxtion in Albany.  Less than two weeks until we head east...to the middle east.  We came here in winter...we leave in spring.  Maybe home by Christmas?...I can hope can't I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home