Saturday, February 04, 2012

Muddy, Mucky, Merky

It has been raining nearly all day, every day here in Mississippi.  It is quite a muddy mess.  Granted it is not cold--actually it's quite warm--but the rain comes and goes and makes getting around a lot of fun.  Slipping and sliding and tracking mud everywhere.  It's one big muck.  That's how I kinda feel in general about my current situation.  Mucky.  Merky.  Right now I do not have an assignment for the deployment.  Back in November I was told I was going to Afghanistan.  Then the mission changed to Kuwait.  Now that mission is changing yet again.  Where I fit into that mission is still up in the air and I am not the only one.  Most of those in my company are still in the same boat.  I am working long hours and doing my best to stay positive.  But I won't lie.  It has been hard to stay positive with all the uncertainty.  But I have made a few really good friends down here.  The last deployment--to Iraq--seemed to be easier for me.  Back then I was extremely excited about this whole military thing---but I have lost some of my enthusiasm.  But I am still very much willing to do what they want me to do.  I will go to wherever I am needed.  If they need me to go to Afghanistan--I'm there....or Kuwait...or wherever.  But please, BIG ARMY, send me somewhere...even if that somewhere is Albany, NY.  Mississippi ain't exactly hell--but it's not where I want to be the next year.  Good night my friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish they'd at least give you an idea of what's to come, but then again, it's the Army.
Hope you come home soon.
The Dogs

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home