Thursday, February 09, 2012

Another day, Another Rumor

I have, at different points in the last few weeks been told many different things about where I will be go going.  First it was Kuwait, than it was Afghanistan, then it was back to Kuwait and maybe all the way back to Albany.  Yesterday I was told I was on the list to go to....BAHRAIN.  For those of you who do not know where the eff that is...don't feel bad.  Until yesterday, I never heard of it and couldn't find it on a map.  But it is a little country in the middle east that is modern and considered to be fairly progressive (well at least by middle east standards).  It is also home to the US Navy's 5th Fleet.  Which is good news, cause the Navy has first class accomodations compared to the Army.  I don't know if this will actually happen, but I have been told that if that mission happens, then I will be on it.  Though I have only been gone two weeks, it seems like months.  I am slowly adjusting to military life, and doing my best to stay positive.  If I do go away on this deployment, I will first come home to Albany for a few days.  It will be one more chance to see T, the dogs and all my friends and co-workers before I leave the country.  More training in the days and weeks ahead in the meantime.  Or, as I almost expect...it could all be scrapped and I will be home before spring.  I am not counting on anything at this point...it is out of my hands. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning on a year.

-Willow

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home