Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Morning at Camp Shelby

Good Morning America!  It's Saturday and most of America is still sleeping, but I am up and ready to defend your way of life.  Blah.  I would love to be in Albany right now in my own bed with T and all the dogs.  Easing in to the morning.  Saturday mornings have always been something I have looked forward to.  Unless of course it was a Saturday in the Army.  Saturdays are full work days in the Army.  Last Saturday was Land Navigation all day, today will be more soldier related training such as calling for a medivac, cleaning a gas mask, other shit.  It's cool and damp down here.  It's cold in Albany, but there is no snow.  It has been a strange winter.  If I was home right now I would have three excited dogs leaning and hopping on me ready for me to take them down so they can pee and get their snick-snacks.  Then T and I would figure out what to do the rest of the day...a trip to BJ's, or to see a movie or whatever.  But down here, I am just sitting here waiting to go down to our first formation of the day...0800.  Then it's off to training.  Saturday night use to be something to look forward to back home...but no more.  No going out to dinner or hanging out with friends, or anything neat like that.  Camp Shelby food is edible...but that's about it...and it's no real treat.  Saturday night here means getting to bed by 10pm and falling asleep with 40 or 50 of my army buddies snoring and farting away.  Exciting.  I am now entering the 3rd week of a what could be a year long endeavor.  Still a little unsure how long it will be before I can have a Saturday like I use to have.  Saturday in Mississippi is almost as bad as Sunday in Mississippi, or Monday, and Tuesday, etc..  Enjoy your Saturday you damn civilians, cause SSG Read is on the job!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why you keep 'bad mouthing' Camp Shelby!!! Miss. is such a beautiful state...If you take the time to investigate the area, you will find it quite interesting. I remmember your first impressions of Texas, not long ago, and how much you wanted to get back there at the end of your tour. If you don't believe me, go back and read your blogs... Last night I read all your old blogs from the first til the present..you have grown wise young brother, but there is still lots to learn. Love Ya Bro

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home