Thursday, March 09, 2006

Active Duty

Well for the first time in a long time, I am on active duty. I think. LOL. What I mean is today is when I am officially on orders. I dont actually know if the orders have been cut, but I was told today was the day. I am suppose to report at 0730 for PT and then begin my first day as a full time soldier after that. I slept pretty good last night, but it will take me a few days to adjust to this "0730" thing. Not much of a morning person, but it just means that I will need to adjust my schedule and get in bed a little earlier. Yesterday I went to meet with the CSM (Command Sergeant Major) and he told me what he needed. Retention and Recruitment is a top priority for the Army right now, and the 42nd Infantry (which just got back from Iraq) is going through a transformation. I will be assisting this transition by serving as a career counselor/reenlistment NCO for soldiers within the Division. Keeping good soldiers in the Division and matching them up with jobs that fit their career goals/aspirations is the number one goal the Commander has. I will be going to school in Syracuse in a few weeks to learn about my new job. I am excited. Well its 06:53. I need to head to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home