Sunday, January 14, 2007

Fairy Tales

When you are along way from home and feeling lonely there are times when you question how you truly feel about someone. And you worry how about what they feel for you. I asked T to wait for me....and its a tough thing to do. Asking anyone to give up a year of their lives is never easy especially when you both know the risks involved in this. There of course is the danger of the combat zone...and then there is the long distance thing. At any rate it is a very hard thing. I know that my love is very very unhappy right now...misses me...wishes I was home. But here I am. So we fall asleep alone and wake up alone. The days blend in to one another and as time goes by the doubts keep perculating deep in our minds. How do we feel about each other? How has my being away changed our relationship? Are we in trouble? Sadly I don't know the answers to these questions. I feel quilty about putting someone I love through this. Its not deserved. I don't want to be selfish. I want what is best for us both. I will be coming home in 29 days. We'll have to talk about this. I dread this. I guess I want to live a fairy tale. I want there to be a happy ending. But like this war...maybe there will be no happy ending for us. But I am still hoping...still wearing the ring. I still love you babe. Please remember that.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just make sure this fairy tale is not in vain, and bring home the head of the monster

12:55 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Love can survive. My parents were separated for 3 years during WWII. Unlike today, communication was slow and infrequent. They will celebrate 65 years together in July. Hang in there. A lifetime awaits!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto what Marty said.
Can't wait to see you and your spleen soon.


Just Alan.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey glenn, i can't wait to see you and hang out for a while! looking forward to your visit...
jimmy

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chin up. January is such a dreary month. Everyone is antsy. Even though I'm your sister-in-law I've known you for a long time and I know you're a loving, compassionate, funny, and loyal person and worth waiting for.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glen, I know we are not THE one you love, but please know that all of our arms are always holding you and squeezing tight. If I might, I speak for all of your friends, family and Elvis keepers.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bro
Just keep your head up high and dont forget to ever smile.
Well my names luigi and we have nevermet, but one day I stumbled on your blog and I have kept an eye out for it ever since then.
Im very proud of you and I hope that yourself and your platoon stay safe .

I'll be out there by next january since I leave to do my airborne training in August.

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us thefreedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protestors to burn the flag.

Hooah!

www.myspace.com/heavlife
Stay in touch

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn,

Love will persist when love exists between two. Keep strong and real. Keep your heart pure and survive above all. I have never met you but I fell into your youtube message and came to this. I pray deeply for your return. And the funny thing is that I never pray.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you.
I love you very much and think of your everyday. Stay safe and come home.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home