Sunday, April 15, 2007

I Want My Sundays Back!

God....I use to love Sundays. Those were my days. I miss them. Getting up late, reading the Sunday NY Times or the TU, watching Meet the Press and the Sports Reporters. Then about noon...it was off to brunch with the boys. Just easing into the day. On a lot of those Sundays, I ended up going to a matinee at the theater or if I was involved in a show, I would go to rehearsal. That was quite a nice way to spend a day. I do miss them. Most of the Sundays now are spent working. There is no Sunday paper (except the Stars and Stripes...which we get on Monday or Tuesday) no brunch, and Meet the Press comes on on Monday too. Today is Sunday, I worked. The Brigade Legal Office is always busy and as the Chief Paralegal, I get my share of long days. Today was actually short (only 9 hours) but I can now see a tiny little light at the end of the tunnel. August is just around the corner. About 16 weeks...give or take few days. That means 16 Sundays until I get my favorite day back. Some time in August, I will have a Sunday back in Albany. And it will consist of all my favorite things again. Getting up late..the NYT...Meet the Press...and Brunch. Then, me and my honey....we'll go for a ride in the country or take the dogs for a walk or head to the greenhouse to look at orchids. That will be a special day indeed. About 120 days or so until I come home. I hope....ha ha. Until then I will dream that dream.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Glenn,

How are you?
Yah, you did love your Sundays, no doubt. Glad to hear you'll be getting them back soon. Hope all is well over there.

Take care,

Warren

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss your sundays too....

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home