Saturday, March 03, 2007

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

About a year ago I first learned that I would be deploying for Iraq. For those of you who read my blog back then you know how difficult it was for me to say goodbye to all my friends and family. This last two weeks has been remarkable but I have had to say goodbye all over again. To everyone. And I won't lie...it hurts. I am now in Atlanta and getting ready to head back to the sandbox. I will be glad when I do get back, because that will mean I am one step closer to coming back here. I got a chance to see so many of my friends back in Albany and traveled to Tennessee to see my family. I also got a chance to go to NYC for a bit as well. I really realized how much home means to me. And how much each of you mean to me. Today is not an easy day. But tomorrow will be better and the day after that even better. Because as much as I love my family here, I know that I got my soldiers who miss me and want me back with them. So it is bittersweet. It really is. To my love....honey....thank you for making me complete. I love you so much. Take care of Eddie and love him like you love me. When you are lonely hold him tight. (btw...for those wondering....Eddie is the new dog we just got). I will come home to you..dont ever doubt that. Alright. I better cut this short. Much love to you all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you very much already. Thank you for being the wonderful man you are! I love you! Eddie's got a big, wet kiss for you!!!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stay safe Glenn

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn, I forgot to give you the bags of jelly beans I got for you. No problem, joe and i have been eating them. Maybe, if you and your peeps are good, you might get an Easter basket care package thing, to share with comrads and the other folks from other countries who also work hard and risk their lives for pennies, you know who i mean and do you think this is a run on sentence?

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home