Monday, February 12, 2007

Homeward Bound - Kuwait at Present

Well today has been a really long day. It started at 0530 when I woke up and got dressed and finished packing for my trip back to the states. I arrived at the air field terminal and went to a huge tent filled with soldiers and a few civilians that were doing the same thing I was doing. Going home. Most of the morning we just sat around and I caught a few extra Zs. At 1230, we received a briefing (one of many we will get this next few days) and then took our bags out to be "palletized" in preparation for a C-130 flight to Kuwait. The we all went back to the tent and hung out until around 1500 when we did roll-call and took a bus out to the tarmac. At about 1530 we loaded on to our C-130 (crowded in sardines) and flew south to Kuwait. The trip lasted about an hour and a half but we finally got there and another bus brought us to the place where we would begin outprocessing in preparation for leaving the combat zone. More briefings...more sitting around and waiting. Finally tonight....we got an approximate time for departure. (I can't tell you yet.....sorry thats OPSEC). Haha. Anyway...with no weather or other delays I should be in the arms of my love by this time on Wednesday. I can't wait. It feels weird to be out of Iraq. I am real tired, but I am looking forward to tommorow. This place is pretty cool though. Today I had Mickey Dees for the first time in along time. Love those Big Macs. Ha ha. Well anyway, I am real tired so I better say goodnight and head back to my tent. I need to get some more sleep. 15 hours so far today is just not enough. Ha ha. See ya my peeps.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am doing research for my college paper, thanks for your helpful points, now I am acting on a sudden impulse.

- Laura

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home