Monday, February 19, 2007

Home at Last

Although I did enjoy Atlanta...(anything is better then sleeping in a tent in Kuwait)....I took the 9:30 flight to Albany where there was T and two feet of snow waiting for me. It was a nice home coming. T's car was stuck in the middle of the street so I was picked up in my explorer and we plowed our way home. Thursday we met up with a bunch of my friends at one of my favorite mexican resturants...El Mariachi's. I had my first drink in about 6 months and it felt great. It was nice sitting around talking to Christa and Goutham, Ravi and Peter and John and Joanne. John told me it was almost like I had never gone away. But of course, I had, so there were lots of questions about what it was like to be over there and what it was like to be here. Friday we spent most of the time running errands and looking for T's car which had be towed. Then we met up with my friends Cindy and Diana at a resturant in Schenectady before we headed over to Scotia to pick up the big yellow goofball, Elvis. Elvis went nuts! He remembered me. It was nice to see him and to spend a few hours with the nicest people in Scotia...maybe the nicest anywhere...haha. Joe and Cathy are the best. They have taken tremendous care of Elvis, and Joe has taken over as Elvis's pack leader. He has trained him well. But when Elvis saw me he went back to his old "humping ways" and did his best to let me know who the real boss was (at least in our relationship.) Joe and Cathy's son Steve was there as well...what a great kid. Very talented actor. Last year when we did Auntie Mame, he stole the show. I want to work with him again soon. Saturday was an interesting day...myself and Eric and Wanda went with Ed (my theater buddy) to film an original independant film on a frozen lake. It was fun but very cold. It will be fun to see that. Saturday night we went to a party in my honor at Christa's house. What a blast! The food was tremendous and lots of my friends were there. I really had a great time. Sunday we went to brunch and then to dinner with my friends Vin and Barb. God that woman can cook. They are such great people. Barb and Vin use to volunteer with me at the Damien Center. We really stuffed ourselves yesterday. We went home and just hung out the rest of the night watching Jackass II (funny as hell...but a little gross) and then we crashed. Today (monday) we are just resting. I have been on the go since last monday. Its nice to just hang out and do nothing. It really is good to be home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very glad you're having a good time with your friends in Albany. Enjoy your vacation!

-O

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, Glenn, fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and trained dogs, don't come easy.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home