Wednesday, February 14, 2007

On Leave - Stuck in Atlanta

Well my friends...I have good news and bad news. The good news is that after 7 months in the combat zone, I have finally made it back to the good old US of A. The bad news is that mother nature being the true tempremental bitch we know her to be decided that she would surprize us all with the storm of the century. Mind you it is a fairly new century but still after having recording temps nearing 60 in January, Albany NY is today getting hammered. It hasnt rained on my parade but it sure as hell is snowing on it. Damn it. Oh well at least I am back in the same continent as my family and friends. I am currently writing this in the VIP Club of Delta Airways. To their credit...they are trying their best to get me home but they dont have any magic wand either, so here I sit. The VIP Club is neat...free drinks. I am sitting at a table with a nice man from Switzerland. He is former military as well. I have had a number of people come up to me and thank me for my service. It is a nice thing, but I am a little embarrassed. But it does make me feel better that people appreciate what we are doing regardless of how they feel about the war. Anyway, all my buds are planning my return party. Let's hope they wont have to hold this in May. I keep you all touch. Love to all on this Valentines Day. This means you T!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever you do...take the valchure!!!! you pal, jimmy

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home