Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007-Hello 2008

Its about 1015 am on the last day of 2007. And last year I wrote about how amazing 2006 was and I have to say the same thing about 2007. It started in my "hooch" in Balad, Iraq, and it ends in my house on a couch with my two babies, elvis and eddie. T is slaving away at a work, but we will all welcome the new years together tonight. The memories I have of my deployment still remain so vivid. I miss my guys and gals so much. I wonder how each of them will spend the new year. Last year, we all looked forward to the change to 2007...because it meant that we would be in the same year that the deployment would end. On January 1, 2007, we could all say...WE ARE GOING HOME THIS YEAR!!!. We were also looking forward to going on leave. Ah but then...in the combat zone....we realized we still had such a long way to go. I remember thinking what I would be doing a year from then. What I would be doing today. Well its a year later, and here I sit. Pondering about what my future holds. Feeling just a little sad and sentimental about what happened a year ago. Missing my soldiers. Wishing in some small way, to relive this all over again. Crazy?. I guess so. You know the saying about taking the boy out of the city....well my take is similier. You can take the soldier out of the combat zone, but you cant take the combat zone out of the soldier. Its still very much with me. Well, anyway...happy new year boys and girls. Here's looking forward to 2008!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home