Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year - New Job!

Today I was offered and I accepted a position with the Albany Housing Coalition, as the Director of Veteran Services. In that position, I will lead a program that will assist homeless veterans who live in our area. I am very excited about this opportunity. I have an opportunity to use my years of experience in the non-profit management field and my military experience to help those who desperately need our help. I start on Monday. This weekend, I will be performing my military function (drill weekend) and then early monday morning I will report to my new job. I will need to get some new civvies and get my mind around this new opportunity. It will be challenging but I am confident I am up to the task. I have already met most of my staff and they seem like great folks. Very dedicated. I am a lucky man. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marty said...

Congrats Glenn. What a great opportunity to help your fellow veterans. From everything I've read here I know you will do an excellent job.

My son has settled back into civilian life and starting his own business in Investor Relations.

Have a wonderful 2008!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home