Thursday, March 16, 2006

Awaiting Orders

Nothing in the military is suppose to happen without military orders. These are the pieces of paper that the Army issues to soldiers whenever anything happens. Which is almost all the time. So you get orders for getting promoted, for travel, for getting awards and medals, for changing jobs, for being reassigned to other units.......and the list goes on. So right now I am on orders....for special active duty work. Those orders will end when I get my mobilization orders, which then will activate the orders releasing from my Unit, which then will trigger orders to allow me to get travel orders to go to my mobilization site and then I will get orders to be assigned to my unit in Texas and then eventually we will all get deployment orders to go to Iraq. Now to be truthful, I don't know if I got all that right, but who the f*** could follow all this anyway. All I know is that I was told by someone in the State Mob officer that I was being mobilized on the 20th and reporting to my unit in Texas on the 23rd. However its all unofficial until you get "your orders". In the meanwhile, all my friends are planning a going away party for Monday. If I dont get my orders, I aint going away. Damn. I might have to go on vacation after the party just to justify why they had the going away party in the first place. I just hope they won't make me give back the gifts or pay for my own dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home