Thursday, April 13, 2006

Death by Power Point

Its about 10:30 pm (22:30 military time) at the moment I am writing this post. I am tired but its been a good day and a good week so far. Tuesday we experienced a variety of mandatory briefings for soldiers being deployed. For the better part of 6 hours we sat staring at video tapes of various briefings that the Army thinks is so important for us to learn be for we go to Iraq. They call this day "DEATH BY POWER POINT" because we have heard this all before and its still boring. Topics included riveting topics like how to avoid getting killed or a sexually transmitted disease. At one point I looked around the room and noticed that not one person was paying attention to the video that was showing. This was a horrible day because it was so hot in the room and the subject was so boring. Yesterday we did what was call a SRP. This stands for Soldier Readiness Processing. This is where they looked at our finances, our personnel recores, dental and health records, ect. I went to a dentist for the first time in years. I will need some dental work done prior to our deployment. Later that day I got 5 shots...jesus my arms are still hurting. Today we had to pee in a cup and then we were sent to the unit I will be a part of. I met my boss (she is from Vermont) and she told me that I would be the NCOIC (NCO in charge) of the Jag section. She also said that we are and will continue to be very busy. She has put me to work already. At any rate, its good to be with my new unit. Tommorow I will be helping the Captain prepare a briefing for the Colonel as well as doing some training. I am looking forward to Sunday when the day off. Till then..later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home