Monday, April 10, 2006

Your Money at Work

Last night after writing my latest post I went down to the barracks where I was staying and met some other guys and gals who are being assigned to a my unit with me. We bonded very quickly. So we all got drunk on beer and cheap vodka and told dirty jokes. There are guys from Texas, one from Maryland, one from California, one from Kansas and one from Ohio. The all seem real nice and we had fun. I went to bed around 2:00 and had to get up at 6:30. Inprocessing continued. I had to sign up for SGLI (life insurance) as well as set up my Emergency Data form which lists the people they call if I die or get taken prisoner. My sister is named as the person that will get my money when I die. I also had to list the person who will get my remains if I die. I wrote in ERIC SCHEILCHER for that. I told Eric that he can do whatever he wants with my body. Haha. I think he thinks he is getting the short end of the stick on this one. I mean really folks, which would you want? My money or my body? Today was not too difficult. We were done by 9:00am. We have been relaxing since then. Long day ahead tommorow. Lots and lots of briefings. It looks like I will be in Texas through the summer. The real training will start next week. I am looking forward to that. Maybe I can blow some shit up. Haha.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!!!!!!!!!!!! You gave your sister your money. Don't you know that as soon as she reads this you're a marked man.

Wait a minute. That's probably not a bad idea! I'll just call her up and she and I can plan our next vacation. We'll come to Texas instead of Albany. We'll get you drunk (you already said you get drunk) and stick you in one of those defective armoured tanks and you've heard about what happens to people who ride in armoured tanks.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather have your body, baby.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home