Thursday, June 29, 2006

Change in Plans

Well you know when you are in the Army you have to be ready to change your plans on a dime. Well, that being said.....my plans have changed. Originally I was scheduled to go on block leave in early August, but now I have been told to get ready to go overseas two weeks earlier then when we were suppose to. So everything has been moved up two weeks. It appears now that I will be going back to Albany around the 3rd week in July. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but it means I have to work real hard the next 3 weeks in preparation for my departure. I am happy about leaving sooner, because honestly, I am tired of Fort Hood Texas. You know a place sucks when you can't wait to leave just so you can go to Iraq. Ha ha. The training has been real fun though and we just finished a training exercise that was suppose to show us what being in a "war situation" is really like. We did real good, but now we are all tired from walking around with our weapons and body armor and all that for the last week. I have been corresponding with my counterpart in Iraq (the guy who I am replacing) and we are going to hook up and he will be showing me the ropes. He will be taking me to Baghdad and introducing me to our higher Headquarters. I am excited about this. Well I had a talk with my sister-in-law Sherry last night and she is the most loyal reader of my blog. She is disappointed when I dont update more often. Well this update is for her, and I promise not to write any more bad words even if they are partially blocked out. Ha Ha. She right. I drop way too many F bombs so I am making a pledge to clean up my act. F%%!!!!!! I am late for work...gotta go...hehe...sorry Sherry...I will try better. Love you all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I forgive you for the potty mouth. :) Vulgarity is to be expected when in the Army....and especially when talking about George W. and his antics.

Love ya and can't wait to see you!

-T

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn Read is the sexiest solider around - one mean, green lovin' machine!

-Pearl

12:41 PM  
Blogger Marty said...

Linked here from American Soldier. My son is stationed at Ft. Hood.. 4th ID.. and has been in Iraq since Dec. His second tour over there. Under stop loss orders. Just letting you know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Be safe soldier.

10:37 AM  
Blogger lost&found said...

hahaha its funny ... we cant wait to head to iraq so we can get out of "the great place"

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home