Sunday, June 18, 2006

How do I love Thee?...Be Still My Heart.

I was feeling romantic today. Elizabeth Barrett Browning and my favorite poem. Today I read this to someone. I dedicate this sonnet to that person and to all my favorite gals back home. Because it is so romantic. So guys, grap the ones you love and read them this poem. Your girls will melt...I promise:

SONNET #43, FROM THE PORTUGUESE
By Elizabeth Barrett Browning
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right; I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints!---
I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life!---and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.

I am happy right now. I can't even tell you. Things are going well. I feel I am doing good work and that I am making a difference. I feel complete. I am working hard....but I love what I am doing. Just thought I would share that with ya'll. Haha. I hope everyone is doing well back home. I do miss all of you. Block leave in 6 weeks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you finally wore me down. :P

-T

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blated Happy Father's Day from Elvis. We had planned a contrived photo of him wearing sunglasses and laying on a beach towel with a umbrlla topped beverage at his paw, but we came home too late from CA Sunday night. It is probably funnier for you just to imagine it. The caption was to read,"Having a wonderful time, wish you were here. Happy Father's Day, Dad!" Anyhow, let us know ASAP when you will be here in August, so we might see you and so, if you want your boy for the week, and the later is no problem at all.
Love you, The T's

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy belated Father's Day, Dad.,
Love, Elvis

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home