Saturday, April 29, 2006

George and Rummy - Stubborn SOBs

You know I was a little worried that when I got down to Texas I would have a hard time finding like-minding soldiers who felt the same way that I did about the current state of our Republic. I thought all I'd keep hearing is "Don't Mess with Texas." But I guess even down south, George and his incompetent clan have lost their shine. My suite mates and one of my co-workers and I have had these conversations before and we all seem to agree that we are doing the right thing by being here, but that the whole Iraqi situation is totally f......ked. Right now, morale is seriously down in the military and not just from the lower ranks. Officers all the way up the chain are miffed as to why Rumsfeld is still in office. Recently, we have seen retired general after retired general come forward to ask for his resignation. He does not seem to hear. He does not seem to care. I just don't understand why this guy won't leave. Does he have no pride? Is so self-absorbed that he can't hear what the whole country is asking for him to do? Tell me Mr. Secretary.....where are the weapons you promised you'd find over there? Why until just recently did you make soldiers buy their own body armor? How could you send Reserves and National Guard Units to war without giving us the tools we need to fight? When you came into office in 2001, you promised to "transform the military". Well your transformation has hurt the military and its going to take years to overcome what you have done to us. Please sir...do the right thing and get lost. And take your stubborn neo-con friends with you. (uhhh...this means you Mr. President)...Dont mess with Texas...my ass.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumsfeld's ego is just unbelievable. Like much of the Administration, he seems to operate in an isolated and insulated world. Sadly, you've confirmed my worst fears and many of my negative feelings.
Stay well,
Linda

12:19 PM  
Blogger lost&found said...

from a soldier at fort hood about to deploy, I agree with you ... and i know soldiers in my unit would as well ...

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home