Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Combat Life Saver

The last few days have gone by so fast. All last week I was being trained as a combat life saver. As I explained in my last post, this training is designed to prepared us to help save our fellow soldiers out on the battlefield before the medics arrive or they are evacuated. We saw alot of gruesome pics, but the worst was when we had to put IV in each other. Now I admit....I hate needles. No matter what size. The thought of putting one in someone else really petrified me. We first practiced this on Wednesday. It didn't go well. The guy who I stuck had messed up veins. I drew blood but couldn't get the catherer in. Damn. On Friday we had our written test but had to give the IV in order to pass the course. I had to stick one guy once, another person twice, my own boss twice and then finally I got it right on the 6th try. But now I think i got it and most likely would be able to do it if I had to. Its been really hot down here. It has been in the high 90's to low hundreds. This week we have begun special PT for people who failed their last PT test. We have about a dozen in that group and the commander asked me to take charge of this program. People seem to have responded well to my motivational tactics. I now have them running and sprinting around the track and its killing them. Eric would be very proud. I am really starting to feel good about where I am right now. I am tired everynight, but I have no doubt that what I am doing is the right thing to do. I am very happy about being here. I am having a ball. But I miss you all. I will see you soon though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home