Saturday, May 06, 2006

Oh...I have to Carry a Gun?

For the past few weeks I have been wearing the uniform, but more or less I have just been doing alot of the stuff I did in civilian world. Meetings, office work, and PT in the morning. But that will change in the next day or so. Tommorow, bright and early, I will be going to the range to zero and to qualify with my M-16 A2....now its been awhile since I qualified, over 10 years since I even picked up a weapon. But tommorow I will attempt to hit 23 targets out of 40...hmmmmm...well we will see. Later tommorow we get to go to the FOB for a 72 hour round the clock exercise. FOB stands for Forward Operating Base. Thats where the war takes place. We will be training on convoy operations, setting up security paramenters, and learning how to respond to IEDs and insurgent attacks. OPFOR's will be trying to kill us and we will try to not get killed. HAHA. OPFOR's stands for Opposition Forces. Today I was fitted for and recieved my body armor....damn this shit is heavy. When we get to Iraq...we will have it on...almost all the time. When we are in the field we will be wearing it and we will begin to do our PT run with it on in the next week or so. I will be taking lots of pictures at the FOB so that everyone can see what its like to see grown men act like boy scouts for a few days. I am learning to drive a hummer and will most likely be the gunner during this exercise...cool huh? At any rate, this should be a hard (but fun) week. Catch you all later when I come back from the FOB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home