Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Home

Well this is the longest I have gone between posts, but I have been real busy with everything. I am writing this post from my bed in Albany. It has been a wonderful few days here. I am reconnecting with most of my friends and with my best friend (Elvis). He is laying beside me right now just like we always did before I left for Texas. It didnt take long for him and I to bond again and I am grateful he is with me for this week. Well I found out late last week that I am not going advance party but with the main body, which means I will be leaving later then I thought. At any rate, in a month I should be in country. The time here has been great. I flew in on Thursday night and landed at Newark airport about two in the morning. Todd was there to pick me up and we stayed at a hotel next to the Airport. The next morning we got up and met Eric in the city for lunch. Lots of heavy rain on Friday and we left the city to head up state. There we hooked up with the old gang for dinner and drinks. It was good to see Goutham, Christa, Warren and Jason. Eric and Wanda were also there. The next day we just hung out and then we went to a party they planned for me. We drank alot. Ha ha. Saturday I also picked up Elvis and he went nuts when he saw me. He missed me alot and I was so glad to see him. Sunday we all woke up late and went to the park and played a marathon game of football, whiffle ball, and then soccer. Poor Todd is still feeling it. He tells me he needs to quit smoking. I have encouraged this notion. Yesterday was a little more chill. Lunch with Todd and Justin and then I saw Cindy from Zing-A-Gram. Ahhhh...what a life. Food and friends and Elvis. What more could a man need. I am almost ready for the "sand box". Here's a shout out to my brother John, who is down in Florida and a little less liberal then me. He looks forward to reading my posts and was wondering why I hadnt posted in awhile. Well here you go John. Thanks for your support of me for what I am doing. (even though I dont want to kill as many Iraqis as you me want to....haha). Actually I am real proud of all my friends and family for their support. I need that believe me. As do all the gals and guys going there with me. Its a comfort to know we have peeps in our corner. Love you all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you are up for more cold adult beverages, softball and my attempt at carrabba's rigatoni campagnolo, come to the T's tonight, bring some pals and that big smelly yella dawg. Joe and I are off to CA tomorrow. Hope to see you before you/we leave. Love ya!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home