Friday, August 18, 2006

Calm before the Storm

Well I started this blog way back in February and I have been through alot since then. There was all that stuff I had to do (the diet, the exercise, my physical,) and then I had to make it through waiting for my orders to be processed, the numerous parties and dinners to say goodbye, and then my arrival at Fort Hood. Then my training began and there was the countless classes, the trip to the field, the daily PT, the walking around in 100 degree heat with my full battle gear on. Going to the range and learning about how to avoid IED's. Then there was the close quarter combat with live ammo. I came to Fort Hood to train to go to war and to learn how to run the brigade legal office. I think I am ready. But like I said many months ago, the Army wants us to Hurry up....and wait. Now we can see the end of this phase and the beginning of the next...our mission will begin very soon. That mission will last at least one year. Thats 365 days from the day we hit the country. I will be counting the days until I see all my family and friends and for the love who has promised to be there when I return. I am very excited about this adventure and I have never been happier. I am right where I want to be and right where I know I should be. Perhaps it is the calm before the storm or maybe I am just crazy. Ha ha...either way I am ok with it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The T's are with you all the way. Godspeed.My cousin Tom is visiting from Palm Springs, California and has been forced to share the couch with your big yellow dog.Elvis now has it in his mind that winters might be better spent in Southern California. Ray-ban bill has been charged to your account at the vet office.

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home