Thursday, August 24, 2006

Day Two: Hot and Sandy

My impression of this country so far: Its hot. Oh...and there is lots and lots of sand. When I was back in Texas, one of the things we were required to do when we were driving tactical vehicles was to put a drip pan under the hummers to keep oil off the ground. The "green" in army stands for many things including enviroment-friendly! Haha...well one of my buddies made the point that there was little concern that oil got on the ground over here because it was all sand. Then I thought...yeah. I mean...its sand...and deep under this sand...there is oil anyway...so screw it! I don't know why I find this funny, perhaps I am just delirous from the heat and lack of sleep. So this place is not so bad I guess. We are staying in big tents (with about 16 guys) that have air. Of course its still hot but its better then nothing. We are taking it easy this first 48 hours to allow our bodies to adjust to the jet lag. I am almost there, although right now i feel like I should be having lunch. Local time here is actually 1909 (7:09pm). Tommorow bright and early, we go to the range. Early meaning 0330 or something. We have to do our training at night because its too hot in the day time. The food is plentiful and taste ok. The coke cans have arabic on them. Well tommorow will be my 42nd birthday and usually I am home in Albany getting ready to celebrate with my girl Christa. My twin Jeanne is celebrating as well although she insists I have miscounted our ages. She hasnt hit 40 yet. Happy birthday sis! Maybe next year we will celebrate together! Happy birthday to you too Christa! My baby misses me. I miss my baby too. Hold on there honey...363 days to go!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Uncle Ed, Happy Birthday!!!!I just wanted you to know that I am very proud of you and I Love you very much. We will continue to pray for a safe return home. Just remember that your family and Elvis need you and love you. Please be safe!!!!!

Love Always,

Your Niece Christy

P.S. I will see you in Florida!!!!!!!!!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home