Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Long Day and Damn this Heat

The last 24 hours have been the longest I can remember since basic training. It began late Monday night when we were rounded up and bussed to a gym on Fort Hood and went through the final stages of paper work and inprocessing before we got on the plane. This was also the last chance that family members and friends had to see their soldiers off. It was pretty emotional and I was feeling for them and for myself as well. Just before midnight we got back on the bus and headed to the airfield where the huge plane was waiting. There the USO was there and gave us nice care packages and we hung out until it was time to load. A short time later we got on the plane and took off. We stopped off in Maine first, where we were greeted by USO volunteers and veterans from WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. It was nice to know that they supported us...if not the war. Back on the plane and off to Germany, we we changed planes and headed to our current location somewhere in the middle east. (can you guess where?...) I will be here for a for a week or more and then head to Iraq. Damn it is hot. I dont think anyone can fully appreciate how hot....and its not humid but it doesnt matter. Haha. Sand is everywhere. I am tired and worn out but my spirits are high. Its weird to think that 24 hours ago I was in Texas...and now....not. Haha. I will keep you all posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you arrived safely. Miss you.
-T

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that your in a 4n country you can watch 4ntv. Good luck Brother.Cya soon.And keep your head down.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home